Privacy Notice for Shorrock Automation CC
This page contains the basic framework of a privacy notice but does not include all applicable information. You will have to assess your business to determine what other information must be made available.
It is recorded that in consequence of the services that you receive from Shorrock Automation CC, we might collect and process personal information (as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act) belonging to Shorrock Automation and/or third parties for which Shorrock Automation is responsible for the protection of such personal information (“the Personal Information”).
Who we are
Shorrock Automation is a leading supplier of Interconnection, Interface Electronics, Automation Technology, Industrial Networking and Services for many sectors and industries.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, contact details, address etc.).
How we gather personal information and what we use it for
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- As our client, we require this information to process your quotations, orders and financial background checks for credit facilities.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Finance your purchases.
- Deliver your stock.
- Getting to know you as our client.
We may share this information with:
- The Credit Bureau.
- Debt Collection Companies.
- Our Auditors (Kreston Pretoria).
- Customers on social media platforms, for example LinkedIn, by sharing pictures of machines, installations, projects etc.
When will we process your personal information
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored:
- We keep your information securely in two offices, which is locked by the CEO and the Financial Accountant. If we do dispose of your information then we use specific disposable companies.
Your data protection rights
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Derosha Ramnath (Financial Accountant) OR Chris Cronje (CEO)
- You may also request to correct or supplement any of your personal data which will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at if you wish to make a request.
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to either Chris Cronje or Derosha Ramnath on the above email addresses.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
The IRS’ contact details are as follows:
- Company: The Information Regulator (South Africa)
- Address: 33 Hoofd Street Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
- Postal Address: P.O Box 31533 Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za